There are many Sweet Tomatoes recipes that are popular and loved. The Cream of Mushroom Soup is a favorite that is a delicious meal any time of year. If you love the cream of mushroom soup here is a Sweet Tomatoes recipe so you can make this yummy soup yourself at home.
Sweet Tomatoes Recipe: Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sauteed Mushrooms and Celery
- 10 cups 1/4″ sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups 1/2″ sliced celery
- 1/4 lb. butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
In a pot combine ingredients and saute for 15 minutes. Add to soup later. SAVE THE JUICE.
- In a pot, melt 5 tablespoons of margarine or butter and stir in 9 tablespoons of white flour. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir often.
- Add 6 1/2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of beef base, and 2 tablespoons of chicken base into the pot and bring to a low boil. Simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Add 2 cups of whole milk, 2 cups of half and half, sauteed mushrooms, celery and juice to the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields approximately 1 gallon.
Sweet Tomatoes began in San Diego in 1978 by two California surfers who wanted to create a healthy place to eat with endless possibilities. They opened a Restaurant that was committed to using fresh fruit and vegetables, soups, and baked goods made from scratch for their Sweet Tomatoes Recipes.
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL